Monday, December 23, 2013

Starkwhite summer hours


Starkwhite is closing for Christmas and New Year reopening on Monday 20 January with a continuation of Glen Hayward’s exhibition I don’t want you to worry about me, I have met some Beautiful People.  We start our 2014 season in February with Lovers, a late-summer group show organized by gallery artist Martin Basher. Featuring work by a number of Basher’s New Zealand and American contemporaries, the show will hone in on the visceral and tactile facets of the work of a varied and intergenerational group. Picking up on the semantic slippage of the show’s title, Lovers will be an earnest paean to beauty for the romantic, and a furtive dalliance with visual pleasure for the serious conceptualist.
Glen Hayward: I don’t want you to worry about me, I have met some Beautiful People, 2013 Installation view. Photograph Hamish McLaren